Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Late or failing to pay a debt or other financial obligation, like a mortgage or loan.
- Fred is delinquent in making his car payment.
- The company made a new effort to collect delinquent payments.
- Failing in or neglectful of a duty or obligation; guilty of a misdeed or offense
- (late or failing to pay a debt): defaulting
late or failing to pay a debt or other financial obligation
Failing in or neglectful of a duty or obligation
delinquent (plural delinquents)
- One who disobeys or breaks rules or laws.
- A person who has not paid their debts.
- (historical, derogatory) A royalist in the First English Civil War (1642-1646).
In relation to the royalist sense, Charles I of England was known as "the chief delinquent".
one who breaks the law
- delinquant (obsolete)
- Afrikaans: delinkwent