Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To turn aside from a course.
- The workers diverted the stream away from the road.
- (transitive) To distract.
- Don't let him divert your attention; keep your eye on the ball.
- (transitive) To entertain or amuse (by diverting the attention)
- (obsolete, intransitive) To turn aside; to digress.
- (to lead away from a course): offlead
- divert in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- divert in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911