Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: doïng
- doïng (pedantic)
- A deed or action, especially when somebody is held responsible for it.
- This is his doing. (= "He did it.")
- Draining that swamp is going to take some doing!
- 1900, Book News, volume 18, page 80:
- Mr. Dawe further calls his voyage “A Record of some Strange Doings at Sea.” They are strange doings, in fact, and yet not as novel as might be expected. They involve mutiny, piracy, shipwreck, and fights with Savages […]
a deed or action