- The state of being dominant; of prime importance; supremacy.
- 2011 September 29, Jon Smith, “Tottenham 3 - 1 Shamrock Rovers”, in BBC Sport:
- But with the lively Dos Santos pulling the strings behind strikers Pavlyuchenko and Defoe, Spurs controlled the first half without finding the breakthrough their dominance deserved.
- Being in a position of power, authority or ascendancy over others.
- (physiology) The superior development of or preference for one side of the body or one of a pair of organs; such as being right-handed.
- (biology, genetics) The property of a gene such that it suppresses the expression of its allele.
state of being dominant
being in a position over others
superior development or preference for one side of the body or for one of a pair of organs
property of a gene
- Rhymes: -ɑ̃s
dominance f (plural dominances)