Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Drainage
- A natural or artificial means for the removal of fluids from a given area by its draining away.
- 2023 June 14, Philip Haigh, “Landslips: NR strives to turn back the tide”, in RAIL, number 985, page 35:
- It should move NR away from previous examples of repairs that have treated the symptoms (fixing the landslip) but not fixed the underlying cause (poor drainage), with the result that a second slip followed.
- A system of drains.
- A downward wind.
- 1960, N. P. Rusin, “The Radiation Balance of the Snow Surface of Antarctica”, in OG Krichak, editor, Scientific Conference on Problems of Meteorology of the Antarctic (Abstracts of Reports)(USSR)., page 29:
- In the forward part of the cyclone, drainage katabasis is checked; but its highest intensity is observed in the rear part of the cyclone.
removal of fluid
drainage m (plural drainages)
- “drainage”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.