Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To enhance.
- (transitive) To make (someone or something) rich or richer.
- (transitive) To adorn, ornate more richly.
- (transitive) To add nutrients or fertilizer to the soil; to fertilize.
- 2013 January 1, Nancy Langston, “The Fraught History of a Watery World”, in American Scientist, volume 101, number 1, page 59:
- European adventurers found themselves within a watery world, a tapestry of streams, channels, wetlands, lakes and lush riparian meadows enriched by floodwaters from the Mississippi River.
- Antonym: impoverish
- (physics, transitive) To increase the amount of one isotope in a mixture of isotopes, especially in a nuclear fuel.
- Antonym: deplete
- (transitive) To add nutrients to foodstuffs; to fortify
- (chemistry) To make to rise the proportion of a given constituent.
to make rich(er)
to adorn, ornate more richly
to add nutrients or fertilizer to the soil; to fertilize
to increase the amount of one isotope in a mixture of isotopes
to add nutrients to foodstuffs