Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enrol (UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand)
- (transitive) To enter (a name, etc.) in a register, roll or list
- (transitive) To enlist (someone) or make (someone) a member of
- They were eager to enroll new recruits.
- (intransitive) To enlist oneself (in something) or become a member (of something)
- Have you enrolled in classes yet for this term?
- (obsolete, transitive) To envelop; to enwrap.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Spenser to this entry?)
- (enter in a register): list, note, note down, record, register
- (enlist): enlist, sign up, subscribe
- (become a member): enlist, join, join up, sign up, subscribe
- (join a class): add, register for (synonyms for “enroll in [a class]”)
to enter (a name) in a register, roll or list
to enlist (someone) or make (someone) a member of