Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ɪ.ˈvɛn.t͡ʃuː.ə.li/, /ɪ.ˈvɛn.t͡ʃʊ.li/, /ɪ.ˈvɛn.tjʊ.li/
- (US) IPA(key): /ɪ.ˈvɛn.t͡ʃu.ə.li/, /ɪ.ˈvɛn.t͡ʃu.li/
Audio (US) (file)
eventually (not comparable)
- In the end; at some later time, especially after a long time, a series of problems, struggles, delays or setbacks.
- Everyone's true colors will be revealed eventually.
- 2004, Chris Wallace, Character: Profiles in Presidential Courage:
- It had taken nine years from the evening that Truman first showed up with a pie plate at her mother's door, but his dogged perseverance eventually won him the hand of his boyhood Sunday school crush.
- (mathematics, of a sequence) For some tail; for all terms beyond some term; with only finitely many exceptions.
- Eventually, all prime numbers are odd.
- (proscribed, non-native speakers' English) Possibly, potentially, perhaps
- I will come eventually, but haven't decided yet.
in the end