Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: First Class
- Belonging to the best or top group in a system of classification.
- That was a first class restaurant.
- Of, or relating to the most luxurious and expensive class of accommodation on a train, ship, hotel, etc.
- We travelled first class to New York.
- Of, or relating to a class of mail to be delivered before second class.
- First class stamps are now more expensive.
- (cricket) Of, or relating to a first class match.
- (programming) Of, or relating to a treatment like that for a first-class citizen.
- Java has no first-class functions, so function objects are usually expressed by an interface with a single method.
belonging to the best group in a system of classification
relating to the most luxurious class of accommodation
cricket: relating to a first class match
programming: relating to a treatment like a first-class citizen
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- (A status, section, etc which is of) premier rank.
- sat in first class; attained first class in the Boy Scouts