Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (chemistry) A separation process in which a certain quantity of a mixture is divided up into smaller quantities (fractions) in which the composition changes according to a gradient.
- (radiotherapy) The division of a total dose of radiation into fractions.
- Hyponym: hyperfractionation
- (cryptography) A preliminary stage of encryption that divides each plaintext symbol into several ciphertext symbols.
- A form of hypnosis where the patient is made to enter and leave a trance state many times in quick succession.
a method of separation of constituents of a mixture