See also: FUD
- Alternative form of
- 1958, Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums:
- The other poets were either hornrimmed intellectual hepcats with wild black hair like Alvah Goldbook, or delicate pale handsome poets like Ike O'Shay (in a suit), or out-of-this-world genteel-looking Renaissance Italians like Francis DaPavia (who looks like a young priest), or bow-tied wild-haired old anarchist fuds like Rheinhold Cacoethes, or big fat bespectacled quiet booboos like Warren Coughlin.
- 2006, P. Aarne Vesilind, The Right Thing to Do: An Ethics Guide for Engineering Students, →ISBN:
- The builders of steam engines and other machines alwo wanted to be known as professional engineers, but the old fuds in ASCE had a very narrow definition of engineering - if you did not build structures, then you could not be an engineer.
- 2007, Christopher Brookmyre, Attack of the Unsinkable Rubber Ducks, →ISBN, page 104:
- Or as some baffled wannabe-trendy Oxbridge fud in the Telegraph put it, "acting like Mucous: it is big and it is clever.
- Alternative letter-case form of
fud (plural fuds)
- (vulgar) Cunt (vagina).
- (vulgar, slang, pejorative) Idiot.
- "Howey wi ye coupla fuds!"
- The tail of a hare or rabbit.
- The buttocks.
- to act like an idiot.