Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Having the nature of, or containing, gas.
- Of food or drink: tending to cause flatulence.
- Beans are a gassy food.
- (figuratively, informal) Tending to be long-winded or wordy, especially in a boastful and vain manner.
- (having the nature of gas): gaseous, gasiferous (one sense), gaslike
- (containing dissolved gas): bubbly, carbonated (if the gas is carbon dioxide), effervescent, sparkling
- (tending to release flatus): farty
- (tending to cause flatulence): farty
- (long-winded): see Thesaurus:verbose
- (containing dissolved gas): flat, noncarbonated, uncarbonated (if the gas is carbon dioxide), ungassy
- (long-winded): see Thesaurus:taciturn
of a beverage: containing dissolved gas
tending to burp — See also translations at burpy
tending to release flatus — see flatulent
tending to cause flatulence
tending to be long-winded — See also translations at verbose