Jump to navigation Jump to search
From the Italian forename Gino.
Audio (AU) (file)
gino (plural ginos)
- (US, Canada, slang, derogatory) A person of Mediterranean (especially Italian) descent, stereotypically regarded as shallow and materialistic.
- 1993, Purdue Research Foundation, Romance Languages Annual:
- Ginos are essentially teenagers of Italian background who take on what they think are traits that characterize an Italian...
- 1994, Marcel Danesi, Cool: The Signs and Meanings of Adolescence:
- Ginos and Ginas typically came from Italian households, wore stylish clothing, and listened to disco-type music.
- 200, "[+//Tania//-]", "They're not going there just to get high" (discussion on Internet newsgroup alt.rave)
- Not all ginos and ginas are the same, just becuz you've come across a couple you hate, doesn't mean you hate them all. ... Where I live it is probably 99% ginos and ginas and I get along with them just fine, in fact, my boyfriend is a gino.