See also: go ahead
- Approval, agreement, or instruction to begin or proceed.
- You can start as soon as you get the go-ahead from the president.
- (sports, not comparable) A score which gives the scoring team or player the lead in the game.
- The pitcher gave up the go-ahead run in the top of the ninth inning.
- (comparable) Progressive; exerting leadership.
1906, Arthur Lincoln Haydon, The Book of the V. C., page 150:
- This turbulent ruler was a very go-ahead monarch indeed. He organised a splendid army, well-drilled and well-equipped with modern arms
- (sports score): game-tying
- (sports score): game-winning