Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: go-ahead
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌɡəʊ əˈhɛd/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌɡoʊ əˈhɛd/
- (General Australian) IPA(key): /ˌɡəʉ əˈhɛd/
Audio (AU) (file)
- (New Zealand) IPA(key): /ˌɡɐʉ əˈhɛd/
- (Black Country) IPA(key): /ˌɡu əˈhɛd/
- To proceed with; to begin.
- I went ahead with my plan.
- 2022 December 14, Mel Holley, “Network News: Strikes go on as RMT rejects RDG's "detrimental" offer”, in RAIL, number 972, page 8:
- In the meantime, strikes already planned for NR are to go ahead, despite an offer being put to RMT members in an electronic ballot that was due to close on December 12 (after this issue of RAIL went to press).
- (imperative) Used to grant permission for or to give endorsement of a suggestion or proposal.
- (procedure word, military) To send communication over the radio.
- Bravo Six Actual, this is Bravo Six Four. Go ahead, over.
grant permission (imperative)