Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (intransitive) To return to a place after having been there at a previous time.
- (intransitive, of two or more persons) To have known each other for a certain length of time.
- Bill and I go back to college.
- (intransitive, used with "on") To abandon, desert, betray or fail someone or something.
- You promised me that you'd pay up today, no going back on your word.
(sense 1:) "Go" is used when talking about returning to a place where the speaker is not presently located. Otherwise "come" (come back) is used.
to return to a place
to have known each other