Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- A traffic light in its green state (indicating that vehicles may proceed).
- The drive home was much faster than usual; somehow we managed to hit every green light.
- (idiomatic) Approval, or permission to proceed.
- We have a green light on the project. Work starts today.
- (slang) A go-ahead to commit a crime, specifically to carry out a hit on someone (i.e. to kill).
- Yo man, I heard someone had put a green light out on you, so watch your back.
green traffic light