Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (aviation, of an airman) Not allowed to fly.
- (of a person, predicative) Confined to stay inside, typically by a parent, as a punishment.
- (of a person) Mature, sensible with well-considered priorities.
- (electricity, Canada, US) Of or pertaining to an electrical conductor which is connected to earth; earthed.
of a conductor connected to earth
not allowed to fly
confined to one's room for some misdemeanor
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- simple past tense and past participle of