Jump to navigation Jump to search
- headach (obsolete)
headache (plural headaches)
- A pain or ache in the head.
- I have a splitting headache after that party last night.
- I advise you to take some painkillers for the headache, it's probably nothing serious.
- 1997, Carlin, George, “SPORTS ROUNDUP”, in Brain Droppings, New York: Hyperion Books, →ISBN, LCCN 96-52373, OCLC 36084460, OL 26335012M, page 68:
- Sometimes on television they tell you a product is "good for headaches." I don't want something that's good for headaches. I want something that's bad for headaches. And good for me.
- (figuratively) A nuisance or unpleasant problem.
- The clumsy filing system has been a huge headache.
pain or ache in the head
nuisance or unpleasant problem