Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) Anything worn on the head, such as a hat, hood, helmet, etc.
- 1886, Peter Christen Asbjørnsen, H.L. Brækstad, transl., Folk and Fairy Tales, page 296:
- Grey hairs straggled out from under her head-gear, which surrounded a dark face with bushy eyebrows and a long knotted nose.
- The harness that fits on a horse's head.
- The lifting gear at the head of a mine or deep well.
- (nautical) The rigging on the foresail.
- (orthodontics) A type of orthodontic appliance attached to dental braces that aids in correcting severe bite problems.
anything worn on the head
harness that fits on a horse's head
lifting gear at the head of a mine
rigging on the foresail