Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: impastò
- (painting) The use of a thick-bodied paint to create peaks and crests that physically extend from the surface of a painting.
- For quotations using this term, see Citations:impasto.
the use of a thick-bodied paint to create sizable peaks and crests in an image
- (painting) To paint in thick-bodied paint; to paint in impasto style.
- 1991, Joyce Nakamura, Contemporary Authors Autobiographical Series, Volume 14:
- "She looked tall to me, and slim, with delicate Semitic features, and a full mouth that she impastoed with red lipstick to play against her […] "
impasto m (plural impasti)