Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: indef.
Shortened from indefinite.
- Abbreviation of indefinite.
- (MediaWiki, slang) Indeffed, used to describe a user, account, or IP address that is indefinitely blocked or banned from editing or other actions.
- While there's nothing wrong with imposing a topic ban on an indef editor who may one day be allowed back, it is a little unusual even if not unheard of.
indef (plural indefs)
- (MediaWiki, slang) The action of indefinite blocking or banning a user, account, or IP address from editing or other actions.
- An indef seems the only way to stem the flow of disruption from this user.
- (MediaWiki, slang) To indefinitely block or ban a user, account, or IP address from editing or other actions.
- I indeffed the editor based on the legal threat.