Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈdʒɛs.tə/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈdʒɛs.tɚ/
- Homophone: gestor
- Rhymes: -ɛstə(ɹ)
jester (plural jesters)
- One who jests, jokes or mocks.
- A person in colourful garb and fool's cap who amused a medieval and early modern royal or noble court.
- (one who jokes): buffoon, clown, joker, see also Thesaurus:joker
- (court entertainer): buffoon, clown, fool, jestress, see also Thesaurus:jester
one who jests
person who amused a medieval court — see court jester