Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
keyhole (plural keyholes)
- The hole in a lock where the key is inserted and turns.
- Any small opening resembling the hole for a key in shape or function.
- A circle cut out of a garment as a decorative effect, typically at the front or back neckline of a dress.
- (carpentry) A hole or excavation in beams intended to be joined together, to receive the key that fastens them.
- (engineering) A mortise for a key or cotter.
- (lasers) A transient column of vapor or plasma formed when using high energy beams, such as lasers, for welding or cutting.
- laser keyhole welding
- keyhole plasma
- (metallurgy) A welding method in which a hole forms in the surface immediately ahead of the puddle in the direction of welding. The hole is filled as the weld progresses.
- (basketball) The free-throw lane together with the circle surrounding the free-throw line; key.
- (astronomy) A gravitational keyhole.
a hole to lock/unlock with a key
- (firearms) To strike a target after wobbling in flight so that the long axis of the bullet does not follow the line of flight, typically due to insufficient spin resulting from the rifling in the barrel.