Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive, literally and figurative) To raise to the same level or status; to improve so as to become as good as others.
- Antonym: level down
- The government promises to level up the department.
- 2020 February 4, Phillip Inman, “Set targets to 'level up' regions, says Industrial Strategy Council”, in The Guardian:
- Boris Johnson should consider setting targets to level up the UK’s weakest regions to tackle widespread inequality, according to one of the government’s senior independent policy advisers.
- (role-playing games, video games, intransitive) To progress to the next level of player character stats and abilities, often by acquiring experience points in role-playing games.
- I leveled up after defeating the dragon.