Jump to navigation Jump to search
- bound or obliged in law or equity; responsible; answerable.
- The surety is liable for the debt of his principal.
- subject; susceptible.
- This crime is liable to imprisonment for life.
- A man liable to heart disease.
- exposed to a certain contingency or causality, more or less probable.
- (as predicate, with "to" and an infinitive) likely.
- Someone is liable to slip on your icy sidewalk.
exposed to a certain contingency
(as predicate, with "to" and an infinitive) likely.