Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
marteau m (plural marteaux)
- A hammer used for pounding.
- A machine tool working by pounding.
- A hammer-shaped tool used to hit thing, such as a gavel.
- A rapper; a door knocker.
- (music) A piano or dulcimer hammer.
- (anatomy) The malleus.
- (athletics) A throwing hammer.
- (technical) A hammer with bas relief marks used to imprint on wood, leather etc.
- (curling) Advantage of throwing the last stone.
- (clockmaking) A piece that strikes the bell in a clock.
Tool for pounding or stricking
marteau (plural marteaux)