Jump to navigation Jump to search
- martel (archaic)
marteau m (plural marteaux)
- a hammer used for pounding
- a machine tool that pounds
- a hammer-shaped tool used to hit something, such as a gavel
- a rapper; a door knocker
- (music) a piano or dulcimer hammer
- (anatomy) the malleus
- (athletics) a throwing hammer
- (technical) a hammer with bas relief marks used to create imprints on wood, leather etc.
- (curling) the advantage of throwing the last stone
- (clockmaking) the part of a clock that strikes the bell
Tool for pounding or striking
marteau (plural marteaux)
- “marteau”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.