Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈmatɹɪməni/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈmætɹɪmoʊni/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: mat‧ri‧mo‧ny
- (uncountable) Marriage; the state of being married.
- 1549 March 7, Thomas Cranmer [et al.], compilers, The Booke of the Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacramentes, […], London: […] Edowardi Whitchurche […], OCLC 56485293:
- If either of you know any impediment, why ye may not be lawfully joined together in matrimony, ye do now confess it.
- (countable) The ceremony of marriage.
- (uncountable) A particular solitaire card game using two decks of cards.
Words ending with -mony ("state, condition, obligation")
- See Related terms of mother
marriage or the state of being married — See also translations at marriage
marriage ceremony — See also translations at wedding