medlar (plural medlars)
- a tree of the former genus Mespilus, now Crataegus sect. Mespilus.
- the plant Mespilus canescens of the family Rosaceae, also known as Stern's medlar.
- the plant Crataegus azarolus of the family Rosaceae, also known as Mediterranean medlar.
- the plant Eriobotrya japonica of the family Rosaceae, also known as Japanese medlar.
- the plant Mimusops elengi of the family Sapotaceae, also known as Spanish medlar.
- the plant Vangueria infausta of the family Rubiaceae, also known as African medlar.
- the tree's fruit, which is similar to a small apple, but not eaten until it has begun to decay, or more properly, to blet.
- (derogatory, intended sexually) a woman or a woman's genitalia (as the fruit's appearance mimics an "open-arse")
- present tense of medla.