Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of, or relating to microscopes or microscopy; microscopal.
- We supply all microscopic stains and other materials.
- So small that it can only be seen using a microscope.
- The water was full of microscopic organisms.
- Very small; minute
- Compared to the galaxy, we are microscopic in scale.
- Carried out with great attention to detail.
- The police carried out a microscopic search of the crime scene.
- Able to see extremely minute objects.
- Why has not man a microscopic eye? — Alexander Pope.
- See also Wikisaurus:tiny
relating to microscopes
so small that it can only be seen using a microscope