- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌmɪnjəˈnɛt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌminjəˈnɛt/
- Rhymes: -ɛt
- Hyphenation: mig‧non‧ette
mignonette (plural mignonettes)
- A plant, Reseda odorata, having greyish-green flowers with orange-coloured stamens, and exhaling a delicious fragrance. In Africa it is a low shrub, but further north it is usually an annual herb. [from early 18th c.]
- A mignonette tree (Lawsonia inermis), source of the dye henna.
- A mignonette vine
- A greyish-green colour, like that of the flowers of the plant.
the plant Reseda odorata
greyish-green colour — See also translations at reseda
- Of a greyish-green colour, like that of the flowers of the plant.
mignonette f (plural mignonettes)
- Alternative form of