- mosaick (obsolete)
From Middle French mosaïque, from Italian mosaico, from Medieval Latin musaicum, from Late Latin musivum (opus), from Latin museum, musaeum, probably from Ancient Greek Μουσεῖον (Mouseîon), shrine of the Muses (Μοῦσα (Moûsa)).
mosaic (plural mosaics)
- A piece of artwork created by placing colored squares (usually tiles) in a pattern so as to create a picture.
- (genetics) An individual composed of two or more cell lines of different genetic or chromosomal constitution, but from the same zygote.
- (phytopathology) Any of several viral diseases that cause mosaic-like patterns to appear on leaves.
- A composite picture made from overlapping photographs.
mosaic (not comparable)
- Mosaic on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Mosaic (disambiguation) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Mosaic (disambiguation)
mosaic m (plural mosaics)