- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈnɔɹmən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈnɔːmən/
- Hyphenation: nor‧man
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)mən
norman (plural normans)
- (nautical) A wooden bar, or iron pin.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of W. C. Russell to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for norman in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- accusative singular of norma
- Norman (relating to Normandy or its inhabitants)