Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
obe (plural obes)
- A particular subdivision of ancient Laconia.
1890, Sir William Smith, William Wayte, George Eden Marindin, A dictionary of Greek and Roman antiquities, volume 1, page 905:
- It is probably that the τριακάδες represented ultimate division of the people, like the γένη of Attica; but it is difficult to see how such generic divisions could have born any relation to the local division of the obe.
- obeah, a West Indian form of folk magic or medicine.
- (Ijekavian): ȍbje
ȍbe f (Cyrillic spelling о̏бе)
- both (for feminine pairs)
- ȍba (for masculine and neuter pairs)