Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Imposing obligation, legally or morally; binding.
- an obligatory promise
- (Can we date this quote by Richard Baxter and provide title, author’s full name, and other details?)
- […] if he speak the words of an oath in a strange language, thinking they signify something else, or if he spake in his sleep, or deliration, or distraction, it is no oath, and so not obligatory.
- Requiring a matter or obligation.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- Alternative form of