Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: on side
onside (not comparable)
- (soccer) Not in an offside position.
- The goal was allowed because the attacker was onside.
2011 October 30, Alistair Magowan, “Tottenham 3 - 1 QPR”, BBC Sport:
- Rafael van der Vaart then stayed onside to slot past Paddy Kenny when he collected Ledley King's mis-hit shot.
- (bridge) Favourably located, from the point of view of the player taking a finesse.
- In agreement or support; on board.
(football) not in an offside position