Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: off side
Audio (US) (file)
- (sports) In an illegal position ahead of the ball
- (US) To the side of the road, past the curb and sidewalk, e.g. an offside diner (restaurant.)
- (bridge) Unfavourably located, from the point of view of the player taking a finesse.
- Precise usage varies between sports; offside is used more in association football, while the form offsides is (perhaps erroneously) used by some in American football.
in an illegal position ahead of the ball
to the side of a road
offside (plural offsides)
- (sports) An offside play
- (Britain) the right side of a road vehicle when facing in the same direction as the vehicle
- (roadside): nearside
right side of a road vehicle
offside m (plural offsides)
- An offside position