Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /wɪðˈɪn/
- (US) IPA(key): /wɪðˈɪn/, /wɪˈθɪn/
- (Scotland) IPA(key): /wɪˈθɪn/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: with‧in
- In the inner part, spatially; physically inside.
- within his hearing; within her studio
- In the scope or range of.
- within five seconds of breaking the record; within an inch of falling overboard
- 2011, Tom Fordyce, Rugby World Cup 2011: England 12-19 France 
- England struck back with a fine try from Ben Foden and closed to within seven points with three minutes left when Mark Cueto capitalised on a break from replacement Matt Banahan.
- Before the specified duration ends.
- Leave here within three days.
- 2012, Christoper Zara, Tortured Artists: From Picasso and Monroe to Warhol and Winehouse, the Twisted Secrets of the World's Most Creative Minds, part 1, chapter 1, 27:
- On October 6, 1927, Warner Bros. released The Jazz Singer, the first sound-synched feature film, prompting a technological shift of unprecedented speed and unstoppable force. Within two years, nearly every studio release was a talkie.
- 2012 June 9, Owen Phillips, BBC Sport:
- And Netherlands, backed by a typically noisy and colourful travelling support, started the second period in blistering fashion and could have had four goals within 10 minutes
in scope or range of
before the specified duration ends
within (not comparable)