Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Roughly, approximately.
- How many people came to the party? – Thirty or so.
- It was about half full or so.
- 1728, [John] Gay, The Beggar’s Opera. […], London: […] John Watts, […], →OCLC, Act II, scene ii, page 21:
- A VVeek or ſo vvill probably reconcile us.
- 1951, C. S. Lewis, Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia
- When everyone had finished off with a drink from the well and an apple or so, the Dwarf produced a pipe about the size of his own arm, filled it, lit it, blew a great cloud of fragrant smoke and said, "Now."
- Coordinates with an adjective, adverb, noun or other type of word indicating a quantity