Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Örge
orge (third-person singular simple present orges, present participle orging, simple past and past participle orged)
- (intransitive) To indulge in riotous jollity.
- Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary (1908).
- horge (obsolete)
Inherited from Old French, from Latin hordeum, ultimately from Proto-Indo-European *ǵʰr̥sdeyom (“bristly”).
orge m or f (plural orges)
"Orge" is feminine with the exception of three fixed terms: "orge mondé", "orge perlé" and "orge carré".
- “orge”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
First used by Norwegian POWs during WW2.
orge (present tense orgar, past tense orga, past participle orga, passive infinitive orgast, present participle organde, imperative orge/org)
- (colloquial) Clipping of organisere (“organize”).
- (colloquial, transitive) to steal
- (colloquial, transitive) to fix
From Old Norse organ (“an organ”). Doublet of organ.
orge f (definite singular orga, indefinite plural orger, definite plural orgene)
- “orge” in The Nynorsk Dictionary.
- English lemmas
- English verbs
- English intransitive verbs
- Estonian non-lemma forms
- Estonian noun forms
- French terms inherited from Old French
- French terms derived from Old French
- French terms inherited from Latin
- French terms derived from Latin
- French terms inherited from Proto-Indo-European
- French terms derived from Proto-Indo-European
- French 1-syllable words
- French terms with IPA pronunciation
- French terms with audio links
- French lemmas
- French nouns
- French countable nouns
- French masculine nouns
- French feminine nouns
- French nouns with multiple genders
- Italian 2-syllable words
- Italian terms with IPA pronunciation
- Rhymes:Italian/ɔrdʒe/2 syllables
- Italian non-lemma forms
- Italian noun forms
- Norwegian Nynorsk lemmas
- Norwegian Nynorsk verbs
- Norwegian Nynorsk weak verbs
- Norwegian Nynorsk colloquialisms
- Norwegian Nynorsk clippings
- Norwegian Nynorsk transitive verbs
- Norwegian Nynorsk terms derived from Old Norse
- Norwegian Nynorsk doublets
- Norwegian Nynorsk nouns
- Norwegian Nynorsk feminine nouns
- Norwegian Nynorsk terms with rare senses
- nn:Musical instruments