Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈpæn.ɪ.ə/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈpæn.i.ɚ/, /ˈpæn.jɚ/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file)
pannier (plural panniers)
- A large basket or bag fastened, usually in pairs, to the back of a bicycle or pack animal, or carried in pairs over the shoulders.
- A decorative basket for the display of flowers or fruits.
- (historical, fashion) One of a pair of hoops used to expand the volume of a woman's skirt to either side.
- (decorative basket): corbeil
large basket or bag fastened to the back of a bicycle or pack animal
hoop used to expand a woman's skirt to either side
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.