piece of shit
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
piece of shit (plural pieces of shit)
- (idiomatic, vulgar) A bad thing; an object of poor quality.
- Synonyms: piece of crap, piece of junk
- 1979, “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life”, performed by Monty Python:
- Life's a piece of shit / When you look at it / Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
- 1989 August, Murray Silver, SPIN, page 10:
- When Jerry speaks of “The worst piece of shit I ever read,” he is not speaking of the book, Great Balls of Fire, but of the script to the movie.
- (idiomatic, derogatory, vulgar) A despicable person.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:jerk
- 2010, Rachel DeWoskin, Foreign Babes in Beijing […] , W. W. Norton & Company, →ISBN, page 287:
- But then Zhao Jun switched to English and said, “I'll kick your face in, you piece of shit,” and it came out electric fluent, no one laughed. “How dare you call him a piece of shit?” the man's wife shrieked.
- 2022 October 10, Jenna Scherer, “House Of The Dragon drops its best episode yet”, in AV Club:
- While ruling is going relatively well for Alicent, motherhood isn’t; her sons have both grown up to be real pieces of shit. Aemond (now played by Ewan Mitchell) has grown from a bullied child into a bullying adult; and it’s obvious from one look into his single eye that the bullied kid we met six years ago has grown up to be the most unhinged kind of sadist.
- (vulgar) Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see piece, of, shit.
- Synonym: turd
a bad thing
a despicable person