Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (law) Initialism of .
- (medicine) Initialism of .
- (linguistics) Initialism of .
- 2018, Clarence Green; James Lambert, “Advancing disciplinary literacy through English for academic purposes: Discipline-specific wordlists, collocations and word families for eight secondary subjects”, in Journal of English for Academic Purposes, volume 35, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeap.2018.07.004, page 109:
- To include part-of-speech (POS) information, the corpus was tagged using the CLAWS tagger.
- (retail) Initialism of or point of service.
- (computing) Initialism of .
- (navigation, aviation) Initialism of .
- (vulgar, of a person or thing) Initialism of .
- 2014, Harmony Rose, Married Under the Influence: A True Story, Bloomington, IN: Archway Publishing, →ISBN, page 78:
- I told him he is a POS for saying that to me (what a terrible thing to say to my husband! I am just as guilty sometimes for saying hurtful things), and how dare he try and hurt me in such a cruel way, telling me he hates me and wishing he could tell me he was unfaithful!
- 2019 February 17, Kathrine Jebsen Moore, quoting Maria Tusken, “A Witch-hunt on Instagram”, in Claire Lehmann, editor, Quillette, Sydney, N.S.W., archived from the original on 2 March 2019:
- There have been many times I’ve had to keep my mouth shut due to fear of something like this happening. I have been called a ‘hateful racist POS [piece of shit][sic].’
- (Internet, text messaging) Initialism of (i.e. observing the young user's conversation)
- I would describe the lewd behavior, but I have POS right now, so I'll change the topic of this conversation, in order to prevent my punishment.