Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The separation, alignment or orientation of something into two opposed poles.
- Either of the two extremes of such attributes.
- (chemistry) The dipole-dipole intermolecular forces between the slightly positively-charged end of one molecule to the negative end of another or the same molecule. Wp
- (embryology) The division of an embryo into an animal pole and a vegetal pole within a blastula. Wp
- (microbiology) Spatial differences in shape, structure, and function within a cell. Wp
- (electricity) A measure of the electrical potential at the ends of a circuit. Wp
- (physics) The direction of a wave's amplitude or its being in phase or antiphase.
- (grammar) The grammatical category of the affirmative and the negative. Wp
- (projective geometry) A duality that is an involution, i.e. has order two. Wp
- (mathematics) An indicator of the positivity or negativity of a literal. Wp
- (politics) Any of the various ways in which power is distributed within the international system. Wp
- (gender) The concept of dualism between masculine and feminine. Wp
- (physics) Ellipsis of .
- (geometry) Ellipsis of .
one of two extremes
chemistry: dipole-dipole intermolecular force
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.