- (idiomatic) To propose for consideration.
- The Prime Minister put forward new plans to tackle corruption.
2012 November 7, Matt Bai, “Winning a Second Term, Obama Will Confront Familiar Headwinds”, in New York Times:
- Democrats, meanwhile, point out that Republicans seem to have made a conscious decision, beginning with the stimulus, to oppose anything the president put forward, dooming any chance of renewed cooperation between the parties.
- (idiomatic, transitive) To change the time in a time zone to a later time.
- Don't forget that this Sunday we put the clocks forward an hour.
to propose for consideration