Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A thing that is the most perfect example of its type; the most perfect embodiment of something.
- A pure substance.
- The essence of a thing in its purest and most concentrated form.
- (alchemy) The fifth alchemical element, or essence, after earth, air, fire, and water
- (physics) A hypothetical form of dark energy postulated to explain observations of an accelerating universe.
- See also Wikisaurus:model
most perfect example of its type
essence in its most pure and concentrated form