Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ænd
- The act of sending an accused person back into custody whilst awaiting trial.
- The act of an appellate court sending a matter back to a lower court for review or disposal.
sending an accused person back into custody
sending a matter back to a lower court
- To send a prisoner back to custody.
- To send a case back to a lower court for further consideration.
- (obsolete) To send back.
- Remand it to its former place.
send a prisoner back to custody
send a case back to a lower court
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked