Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The legal right to take care of something or somebody, especially children.
- The court awarded custody to the child's father.
- Temporary possession or care of somebody else's property.
- I couldn't pay the bill and now my passport is in custody of the hotel management.
- The state of being imprisoned or detained, usually pending a trial.
- He was mistreated while in police custody.
Terms derived from custody
legal right to take care of something or somebody
state of being imprisoned or detained
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked