Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
custodian (plural custodians)
- A person entrusted with the custody or care of something or someone; a caretaker or keeper.
- After their parents' death, their aunt became the children's custodian.
- The building's custodian could fix nearly anything. The place always looked great!
- (US, Canada) a janitor; a cleaner
A person entrusted with the custody or care
(US) a janitor
- Noah Webster (1913), “custodian”, in Noah Porter, editor, Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: G. & C. Merriam Company
- “custodian”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911
- custodian at OneLook Dictionary Search