Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To keep someone from proceeding by holding them back or making claims on their attention.
- (transitive) To put under custody.
- (transitive) To keep back or from; to withhold.
- (transitive) To seize goods for official purposes.
to detain — see hold
keep someone from proceeding
put under custody
keep back or from
seize goods for official purposes
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.